View Single Post
Old January 1, 2012, 10:11 AM   #22
warbirdlover

Thanks all. I've got a 25 gal propane tank with one of those heaters that sit on top of it. I don't use it all that much but when needed it's nice.

Here's one of the bucks I got from the old stand in this same location... I had a six pointer "bed down" not 50 yards from my stand a couple years ago. I now pass on bucks like the two I've gotten (pic below of one of them). Both of those were almost identical and I've let probably four or five like them go. We don't shoot does or small bucks on this land and the size of the bucks and racks are starting to really get huge.

Wolves and cougars are protected in Wisconsin. Wolves might have just been taken off that protected list but the DNR hasn't set up hunting rules on them. I don't know if you can hunt yotes at night but we have shot alot of them during the day (during deer hunting week) over the years! This year no one saw any yotes. We figure the wolves and cougar got 'em all. All I know is if I'm ever threatened by wolves or cougars they're going to die. One of the guys had a "close encounter" going to his blind in the dark. He was about to get in and had something growling and snarling right by him. He turned on the flashlight and it was the cougar not 10 feet away. He couldn't get in his blind fast enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jersdeer002.jpg (159.5 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by warbirdlover; January 1, 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.03416 seconds with 9 queries