View Single Post
Old September 2, 2011, 08:39 AM   #14
tyme
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Dee
All that talk about a cop giving you an attitutde test... Thats bunk. The police dont have a choice about your attitude,
I think what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Zuki and Hogdogs mentioned "testing..." but did not imply the officer considers it any sort of formal test. Call it what you want. When an officer starts asking you questions or asking permission to search things you don't have to let him search, in what's clearly a fishing expedition, he is partly testing your attitude.

There's a perception among LEOs generally, it seems, that people who are less forthcoming and less cooperative are more likely to have something to hide. If you're ever interviewed by a LEO and start ignoring "fishing" questions, if you ask whether you are free to leave or whether you're under arrest, or if you start explicitly asserting your 4th amendment rights, you will *see* a marked change in the LEO's demeanor. You may not call it a test, but when you see that change, there has been a test, and you've failed it.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.02229 seconds with 8 queries