View Single Post
Old May 4, 2011, 07:46 PM   #4
HighValleyRanch

I've owned or own the 2nd gen 19, 1st gen 17, 3rd gen 29, 3rd gen 26, so I had a taste of variety of them.

I chopped my glock 19 so that the grip is same as the 26, so I didn't need the 26, as the barrel length is easier to hide than the grip. That way, I can use the original hi cap 15 round mag here in CA since I owned before the ban. I have an AG sleeve over the mag, and so I can have the 26 or 19 size in the same gun. That has been one of the CCW guns on my permit.

But I like the 1st gen 17 the most of all the glocks I have shot or handled. Never liked the 3rd generation with the finger grooves. The 1st gen with the smooth grips feels much thinner than any other glocks, and so it is going on the list for CCW concealed carry. I'm not big, but I can carry it fine.

The glock 29, subcompact 10mm is another story. Love and dislike it both at the same time. I like the fact that it is a pitbull with powerful capacity.
I don't mind that it is fat, and I hate that it is fat? I shoot it as good as any of the others, and don't mind the recoil. It was my woods gun, and proably should continue to be.

But as we are only allowed two guns on the permit, and the woods gun is calling out to be a revolver, so it's going out of the rotation. I think that I would prefer the 20 over the 29, as now I like the full size glocks more than the compacts.

One more consideration, is that i never got too enamored with the 26. It didn't balance right for me. Glad I owned it so I could get it out of my system, though.

If I had the chance to get a glock 20 in OD, I would use that more my woods gun. Otherwise, it is going to be my .357 or a ruger redhawk .44

Page generated in 0.03558 seconds with 8 queries