View Single Post
Old December 28, 1999, 12:33 AM   #10
stdalire

Mort, my advise is. You must first study a basic martials arts which is applicable in all situations. Enroll in real Karate Combat club that comprises some Judo and Aikido techniques. I believe that in karate where we learn the Basic/Fundamental blockings using the hands and feet will trained you body very well to be agile.

When able to compete in some club tournament testing your body to received blows or you deliver good blows ans kicks, then it means you blended yourself to a fighting machine. At this time, go to especialize or learn something to add your Karate, that is Arnis or any Stick fighting and you will be better of. Mostly Arnis Instructor I know are Black Belts or started from Barehand martial arts.

In my own analysis, if I study Arnis immediately, you will missed a lot the use of barehand as a good weapon. Remember that not everywhere you go, you are bringing a stick with you or an elongated material or any substitute of it. Many more to discussed but there are more MA afficionado in Blade Forums where I contributed some writings.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.02201 seconds with 8 queries