View Single Post
Old August 22, 2008, 01:00 AM   #3
outbreak722

online, yes. In person, generally no. I like showing people my collection, and going shooting with them. Online is so anonymous though, if someone is ASKING about my collection/stash, it could be innocent interest in cool pics of loads of guns and ammo; or it could be a criminal trying to find a good score of free guns and ammo; or, for those of you wearing foil helmets, it could the THE MAN doing online covert gun registration.
At the same time, I love talking about shooting, to anyone and everyone. I figure if we want to spread the word about safe gun ownership by responsible, law abiding citizens, we can't keep our habit...I mean hobby, a secret. I have no problem telling people that I carry, that I enjoy shooting, that I have a lot of guns, or whatever. When it comes down to specifics is when I start wondering about motives.
"In a half century of military service with the United States and its foreign allies, the M1 has bitten thousands of recruits in this manner. No one has ever died from it, but it did lead to a deplorable expansion of vocabulary in many languages."
-US Rifle. Caliber .30, M1 Manual

Page generated in 0.03358 seconds with 8 queries