View Single Post
Old May 8, 2008, 02:30 AM   #23
gadgetguy1288

i think i can say that the scariest thing to ever happen to me was in the ocala national forest 2 years ago, i got up in my tree stand about 30 mins before daybreak, and i sat there pretty much uselessly until about 1030 when i hear a bunch of rustling and crashing coming from the brush behind me. i sat there and listened to it for about 15mins waiting for something to appear, when out of nowhere a small blk bear comes barreling straight for the tree im 30 ft up in. i started trying to shoo him away and it did nothing but make him curious apparently cuz he walked over to the tree and started climbing it! he got to with in about 10 feet of me and finally backed down rather quickly and ran off. needless to say i waited a good while before finally climbing down, becuz altho i had a Remington 30-06 with me, i really didnt want to have to explain why i shot a bear to the game wardens :-\

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government, or in the case of a zombie outbreak."

Page generated in 0.03028 seconds with 8 queries