View Single Post
Old May 7, 2008, 03:39 PM   #6
45Dave

which way did he go?

My sisters former hubby was a novice hunter. Having grown up hunting I would take him out and "teach" him some things about grouse, rabbit and deer hunting. When I was 16 he announced he was going to take me to a real hot spot in Oil City, Michigan. We walked in the woods in the dark, people were whistling at me while we walked to his "hot spot". Once daylight hit there must have been 30 people surrounding a draw, all I could think of was if a deer comes there we are going to shoot each other.
I crept away to a spot that was more secluded and dozed off in a nice sunbeam. Suddenly I heard some crashing and figured a deer was getting pushed my way but no, it was some guy about 6 ft 4 running in the woods. Now he was orange head to toe, double bandera across his chest full of shotgun shells, huge bowie knife on his hip. Now I am just a scared country kid with a single shot 20 gauge with this crazy guy in the woods. He comes running up to me, stare me and says.." I'm chasing a deer, did you see which way he went?" I pointed away from the direction of the car, he nodded, thanks and take off running like heck.
At that point I carefully stand up, begin to whistle a tune, I figure these nuts will be sound shooters, and make my way to the car where I slept the rest of the day. Talk about crazy people in the woods. After that I kept in my safe little country spot away from deer chasers.

Page generated in 0.03508 seconds with 8 queries