Thread: TAURUS
View Single Post
Old June 2, 2013, 09:08 AM   #10
chaim

Like you I have had good luck with Taurus products. I have or have had 3 Taurus revolvers, one auto, and a post-Taurus ownership Rossi. After over 2K rounds and untold dry firing (without snap caps for most of it), I need to have my auto's firing pin replaced, and the Rossi (non-Taurus design, but Taurus manufacture) has one brand of .357 magnum ammo that it doesn't like. Not perfect (but just ask about my experience with Ruger, and heck, my beloved S&W 65LS hasn't been perfect), but not a bad track record. I am sold on their products.

I also agree with you that I'd prefer a .45LC over a .44mag or .44spl. I love my S&W 625MG in .45LC, and I have a nice holster for it, but aside from winter when I am wearing several layers (both a sweater and a coat to hide it) it is just too big for CCW. It is also heavy for all day carry. I would love the gun you are describing for CCW and camping. Heck, I'd love the 2" Taurus 450 or a 4" Tracker in .45LC. Though, a 3" medium framed revolver is about perfect for a personal defense gun (I will never part with my 3" S&W 65LS).

Unfortunately, Taurus discontinued both the 450 and the .45LC Tracker to make room on the assembly line for the Judge series (and presumably to minimize competing with themselves). I do hope they bring them back since both guns are nearly impossible to find used, and when you do, they aren't cheap. Again, maybe you can have a smith convert your .44mag Tracker to .45LC and cut the barrel to 3" (or use another .44mag if you want to keep your .44mag as it is).

Page generated in 0.03338 seconds with 8 queries