View Single Post
Old May 8, 2013, 05:30 PM   #17
tjobrien21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Pfleuger
I have an approach that I would call "Pragmatism".

I ask myself a bunch of questions

That's a great approach, and it's ultimately what I'm doing. The fact is, I'll probably have to go unarmed - though I'd prefer not to. I'm a firm believer in the second amendment and on principal, this travel situation burns my tail. If there's a simple, clear, jail-free way around it, I'd like to do that. Just because, I guess.

I find it ironic, since I believe I'm in more real danger traveling than I ever am in my day to day life, where I carry all the time. In daily life I always do things to mitigate the danger: Avoid bad areas (a bit harder to do in unfamiliar places), keep my mouth shut, stay aware of surroundings, leave if a situation "feels" bad, etc. But there are times where you're thrust into danger (car breakdown or whatnot) and I just want to be as prepared as possible.

Even unarmed, the state of NY can't remove my other defensive training, which would be used first to stop threats. I'm more of a 'last resort' kind of guy when if comes to firearm defense. I just like having it as part of the 'defense vocabulary', so to speak.

Page generated in 0.02344 seconds with 8 queries