View Single Post
Old April 9, 2010, 12:07 AM   #6
(BH)

Since nobody seems to be telling you how to break down the BM, I'll give it a go. When I clean mine (and yeah, I clean it almost every time I shoot it and there is nothing wrong with that. Pay no mind to cranky new TFL members trying to prove themselves ), this is my process...

As you go, remember to take note of how everything goes so you don't forget how to reassemble. There are two screws on the topstrap (the area above the slide, in front of the rear sight), unscrew those. So you know, nothing is going to fly off at this point. Now remove the piece you just unfastened.

Next, remove the guide rod and spring. I usually just slide a tiny flat head under the foremost part of the rod/spring assembly and pop it up. Be careful with this part as the spring is under pressure.

Now you should be able to lift the slide off the frame. I wouldn't take it down past here.

I scrub the breach face and anywhere else that may have carbon buildup. Next run a brush through the bore, then run a few patches through it and your gun is clean.

As far as products go, I use Hoppes solvent to do all my scrubbing. I use Mobil1 to lube all of the moving parts, and Hoppes Oil to wipe doen the gun for rust protection.

Never take the grips off BTW. Tiny things will start falling off and you be all sorts of frustrated.

That's about all you need to know as far as the Buckmark is concerned. Hope this helps, and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Congrats on the new gun. The BM will provide you with countless hours of fun. It's about the best IMO.

BTW: Welcome to TFL. This is a great site with tons of great info if you're just getting into shooting. Just remember, the only bad question is the one you didn't ask and the only bad answers are from the internet commandos not worth paying attention to.

It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time.
-Samuel Johnson

Last edited by (BH); April 9, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.04700 seconds with 8 queries