View Single Post
Old April 26, 2009, 08:11 PM   #15
Jofaba

Quote:
The fact that you don't realize how much alcohol affects you is a bit scary. The thought that alcohol doesn't affect you or it takes more than everyone else is the belief of every alcoholic I have ever known.

Just because you can type on a message board after drinking is not evidence that alcohol doesn't affect you. You just don't realize how alcohol does affect you. Which is a much bigger problem than the unlikely event of having to use a gun to defend your home.

As to your original question anytime you have been drinking or show signs of intoxication your actions are going to be put under more scrutiny.
I never said alcohol doesn't affect me. It amazes me how some of you are attacking things I never said, or a person that I associate with yet am not myself. I mean, I can see the comments in and of themselves, but not in context to the theme of the original post.

If I was high and shot someone, I'd agree with throwing me in teh slammer and throwing away the key. Drugs are illegal, as is shooting someone (if you remove the self defense aspect).

I'm talking about defending myself while legally intoxicated, especially if declared mentally competent.

Page generated in 0.03429 seconds with 8 queries