View Single Post
Old February 26, 2008, 07:01 PM   #28
FerFAL

Quote:
Longcoldwinter wrote:

I picked a 38 snubby as my carry gun because I consider it the best comprise between power, concealability, safety and ease of use.
You know you just used the word “compromise” in a life or death matter, don’t you?
Quote:
Some people seem to forget your CCW does not make you a cop, you dont have to chase down a BG, all you need to do is end the encounter.
You are right, you don’t have partner, you don’t have a shotgun or rifle in the patrol vehicle ( good idea to have one in your car, BTW)
You cant call for backup, all of which are even more reason to carry all the firepower and advantage that fits into a handgun.
Quote:
The average person will never draw their CCW, and the chances of finding yourself in a situaition where you need 10+ rounds of .40 cal even smaller.
According to the NRA, 90% of the time you don’t even need to fire, the mere presence of the gun is enough to sent attackers away.
I believe that statistic to be a pretty accurate one, according to personal experience.
Does that mean you wont carry, or that you wont carry it loaded ( think of how it would completely eliminate AD probabilities!) combine that with the already small percentage of getting attacked at all, and you are already heading to an anti gun logic where you realize that according to %, you really don’t even need a gun, or you just need an empty gun just to scare bad guys.

Those of use that choose to carry do so understanding that ( at least for you guys in USA) needing a weapon is a remote enough possibility, but you still carry. Why then choose to prepare for an unlikely event yet hope that that unlikely incident will fall within the favorable statistic of only 2 or 3 rounds being fired?

FerFAL

Page generated in 0.02201 seconds with 8 queries