View Single Post
Old July 28, 2006, 07:22 AM   #4
WoodsWally

It bears repeating... but there's a new twist.

It's been said that if you are not comfortable carrying you shouldn't carry.

Usually that's around the potential need to use the gun... if you are not comfortable using it, why carry it? You actually become a hazard to yourself and innocent bystanders. I realize that is not exactly the issue here... or is it?

I think you'd do well decide how a gun "fits" your life. If "concealed carry" means concealing your basic values and/or principles from people (women) you are trying to develop a relationship with, it doesn't make sense. I guess I'd wonder if I had the wrong values or the wrong women.

Admittedly I'm a lot older and not out trying to score (except when I shoot LOL), but I'd say in relationships it's important to be who you are. That includes whether or not you are going to carry... and how you are going to carry.

Love me, love my gun?

Sometimes carrying is a pain... for practical reasons... like where to conceal it. So you make decisions. There are guys who stuff their piece in their speedos I'm told. Better than socks or a potato! LOL Sorry, having way too much fun with this... the serious point is that carrying is a fairly individualize "like" that has different dimensions, including a risk/reward assessment and clear understanding of why I'm carrying. There are times I want it in my pocket; there are times it's not even with me. I don't always like carrying, but I always like having the ability to make that choice.

Page generated in 0.04129 seconds with 8 queries