View Single Post
Old July 9, 2000, 05:49 PM   #4
tyro

Dave: You wrote "...get an 870 Remington. ALL bbls(Except those lightweight field models) will interchange within gauge...". Regarding my 20ga 870 deer gun with rifled barrel (which I STILL do not yet have - the dealer's wife persuaded him to extend their vacation), I have seen the gun in the shop (the dealer's employee showed it to me)and, having handled the barrel, I would guess it is one of "those lightweight field models" you referred to above. My question is, do you know if that barrel would be interchangeable with a different barrel for the same gun? I guess I'll get some answers when the dealer finally gets back, but I'd like to have all the second opinion info I can get by then. If the dealer's info were all I needed, perhaps I wouldn't be stuck with a deer gun for home defense. Or did the fact that I specified a 20ga leave the dealer with options too limited (given the fact that he considered the Remington 870 the only make & model he could recommend unconditionally, and the deer gun had the shortest barrel of any 20ga in the dealer's Remington catalogue)?

Page generated in 0.03220 seconds with 8 queries