View Single Post
Old May 16, 2018, 03:11 PM   #32
stagpanther

At the risk of seeming to hijack the thread--just got back from some gratuitous AK banging Ahhhh. Shot a bunch of "whatever was lying around" ammo which included federal, tula and some left-over handloads. Most were grouping in the 2" +/- range--but the handloads--which are hornady factory second 123 gr spire points--seem to shoot well out of the PSAK especially when driven by 1680 or CFEBLK, as you can see here.

I can't say enough about Primary Arm's AK 1x4 reddot/scope--it's fabulous for the platform--about the only optic I've ever had that's made in China that I really like a lot.

The gun is entirely stock except for the add-on rail and scope. The gun has only one weakness which is driving me nuts--maybe one of you AK experts can help me with this. The very first shot out of the magazine, after I rack it home--always hits low and away from the rest of the group. The first case ejected is always mangled with a crushed neck, too. Is there an explanation or is this just pure coincidence?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123 hornady spire points.jpg (171.6 KB, 263 views)

Page generated in 0.02112 seconds with 9 queries