View Single Post
Old May 16, 2018, 02:54 PM   #5
Lohman446

About two decades ago I had moved to Georgia and taken a job as a temp. One of my assignments involved moving 100 tables and chairs for a country club event. There was a bit of cleaning and setting up of a dance floor. What threw me was it was a three day assignment with myself, two other temps, and the supervisor and I'm thinking this is about a two hour assignment. I get there and they give us specific uniforms to wear then take us to the employee break room for breakfast. Ok.. whatever. I would see that break room an infuriating amount of time over the next several days because I was informed that there was a rule against sweating in front of the guests... in GA... in 106 degrees in June.

The APPLICATION fee to this club, which was not a shooting club though had you told me there was a sporting clay or trap course on the grounds it would not have surprised me, was $20K and annual membership fees were similar if I recall correctly. All to hold up the allure of being exclusive and to support pretty exclusive grounds. I know people who used to buy trap guns on a semi-regular basis in exotic gauges that cost more than some cars. There is a market for high end shooting clubs. Most of us don't "see" the market because we are not it.

Page generated in 0.03358 seconds with 8 queries