View Single Post
Old May 30, 2014, 06:14 PM   #1
chris in va

My CX4 after 1000 rounds.

Just an update.

These are LRN reloads and not one factory round through it. No chokes, misfeeds or anything of note. It gets cleaned after a couple hundred rounds and frankly I don't see much residue except at the feed ramp and what I call the 'trash can', a circular cutout on the top of the bolt. It's like all the junk collects there, away from the critical workings.

People complain about the trigger but I have no issue with it. Let off is pretty clean and reset is actually shorter than my AR. Granted I don't use it for bench rested target shooting but it's just fine for competition and blasting steels and targets. On a side note I used mine at a pistol/rifle match and it was impressive how easy the manual of arms is compared to people having trouble with their (loud) AR's. One guy thought it was a 22 it was so quiet.

I have the 9mm version. It came with two 15rd mags and I found a screaming deal on a 18rd MecGar at a gun show. Even so I wouldn't mind having the extended mag as 18 rounds is over with very quickly as fun as this is to shoot.

Regarding recoil, I'm very glad I didn't get the 40 or 45. It's comfortable to shoot, and at the volume of ammo it will see at a single trip I wouldn't want any more shove to the shoulder. It's about the same as my AR, maybe less.

Another interesting feature PCC's offer is sound reduction. When wearing my electronic muffs all I hear is the action cycling...THUNK clack. Nobody minds standing next to it when firing.

The 'ears' around the sights don't bother me in the least. I have a dot on there anyway so no biggie. It cowitnesses with the irons but I wouldn't mind having a small riser so I don't have to squish my face on the stock so low.

Bottom line, it's absurdly fun. Thankfully I can cast and reload 9mm cheaper than 22lr current prices and availability, so it's the cheapest shooting long gun I have.

Page generated in 0.03358 seconds with 8 queries