View Single Post
Old December 16, 2012, 01:30 PM   #27
fastbolt

I also tend to prefer the AS version of the 99 model line. I've long felt that the original sear action/mode (currently called Anti-Stress, or AS) offered an excellent trigger for a plastic service-type pistol. I happen to like a nicely made traditional double action pistol (DA/SA, if you'd prefer) for a "working gun", so that's not really a surprise, though.

I've been through 3 of the P99/SW99 armorer classes, and have tried to keep updated on the continuing revisions and refinements as Walther has improved upon their 99 series. Walther has continued to offer some improvements and options as the model line has evolved.

I can't disagree with many of the comments offered in this thread. I've heard similar comments made by S&W/Walther America folks regarding the frequency (or lack, thereof) of getting guns from Germany, and Walther's seeming lack of interest in a lot of adverting or promotion of their P99's.

I've been told that in recent years Walther has been focusing its marketing efforts on the international market, and the American market wasn't as much of a priority. It hasn't been just waiting for shipments of firearms from Germany, either. I've certainly had to wait now and again for parts shipments to eventually arrive from Germany.

Maybe now that Walther has decided to create their own import company ... (moving away from the days of Interarms, and then Walther America in more recent years) ... we may see some more attention paid to the American commercial market. Hope so.

As much as I like my pair of SW99's (SW9940 & SW999c), if Walther were ever to offer a compact version of the PPQ, I'd be very interested. (I have enough full-size pistols, and prefer the more compact versions for my retirement CCW usage.) Unfortunately, the last time I inquired about the possibility of seeing a compact PPQ, the info I received from Germany was that there were no plans to offer one.

In the meantime, the SA trigger mode of the standard AS guns, like my SW99's, is fine (even a bit lighter in weight than the specifications for the SA mode of the PPQ), and it still gives me initial DA first shot capability ... so I'm fine.

I hope Walther does well with their new endeavor becoming their own importer for the US.

Page generated in 0.03036 seconds with 8 queries