View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012, 11:48 PM   #26
ThomasT

Quote:
Which month? I'm only recounting my experience(s). Can't speak for yours.
DG I just got back to this thread. If you remember after obama was elected there was a huge, ongoing ammo shortage. Nothing to be found anywhere except shot shells with birdshot loads. No primers. brass, bullets or 22 rounds. There were lots of threads for ammo sightings. Bulk 22s were selling at gunshows and gunbroker for $50 a box and sometimes higher. Thats what I was refering to. And it went on for many months.

JohnKSa the 22 ammo was moved to the garage from an indoor closet about two months ago. The temp in the garage doesn't vary much since I am in it all the time.

I shot a couple of BP rifles a year ago and my shooting pouch was stored in the attic where it gets way over a hundred degrees. My capper was full and I also had a half full tin of #11 caps in the pouch. They had been there 6 years. I didn't expect them to work. But they did. Not a single misfire or slow fire. That impressed me. Those should be about the easiest firearm componant to destroy with poor storage.

Also that same day my shooting buddy shot a colt navy 36 cal that had been loaded and stored in the house for over a year. Five shots were full power. One shot was a little weaker. Thats for those who ask about a BP pistol for home defense. They may be better than you have been led to beleive for that job.

Page generated in 0.05335 seconds with 8 queries