View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 10:58 AM   #67
WVsig

Quote:
I remember reading an article in G&A written a couple of decades ago about the proper use of a DA/SA (or Traditional Double-Action/TDA) autos. The author stated that the DA shot is for situations when you have to draw & fire quickly at a close-range target. If you have more time to draw, you should draw, cock the hammer, and keep your finger off the trigger until you need to make a precise shot. After the threat is over, decock & holster. That approach made a lot of sense to me when I owned a SIG 220 & a Ruger P95.....but I don't own a TDA auto now (XD9sc & revolvers).
IMHO this is a poor training method. It is increasing the likely hood or a ND. With proper training there is no need to cock a DA/SA hammer prior to shooting in any situation.

Quote:
Not hard to tell how effective DA/SA is. Just look at all the top pistol competitors and special forces units who choose it!

(Can you say ZERO?)
Navy Seals?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...p226-navy.aspx

Last edited by WVsig; November 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.03115 seconds with 8 queries