View Single Post
Old February 6, 2012, 01:25 AM   #89
TXGunNut

I was thinking about this thread when I came in with some BP-fired cases a few hours ago. I had some good Scotch waiting for me after I de-capped the cases and got them soaking in hot soapy water.
Case prep is mind-numbing drudgery. I don't have a problem with folks that can do it with an adult beverage nearby, in fact I'm a bit envious. Lead ingestion is an issue, but we've already touched on that.
As mentioned above case prep involves many inspection opportunities. Any hunting round I load will be counted on to cleanly kill game, sight in my rifle or aid in load development. I don't load many plinker loads and wouldn't spend a lot of time on case prep if I did.
I think this is a thread about knowing one's limits or recognizing priorities. I was told years ago that alcohol and gunpowder don't mix. For me, it was true then, true now. KISS applies here, when I'm done pulling the lever I can indulge in an adult beverage, if I want. I drink the good stuff; it's worth waiting for.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Page generated in 0.02633 seconds with 8 queries