View Single Post
Old September 21, 2011, 10:32 PM   #3
taylorce1

Quote:
I bought a Thompson Center Venture about a month ago. After I got it home, I went to clean it before heading to the range, and while looking at the 5R riffling they brag about, I noticed that the barrel was discolored and had rough spots. I called TC and they told me to send it back to them.
Did you clean the barrel or just look down it? Most barrels are fouled when they come from the factory from test firing. And unless something is seriously screwed up when making the barrel it is hard to tell it is rough without running a bore scope down it. Plus a rough barrel doesn't mean it will not shoot accurately.

Quote:
Three weeks later (after having to borrow a rifle for the hunting trip I bought the rifle for), I got the rifle back with a broken trigger guard, and it looked like they had just gone at the barrel with some lapping compound (it was all over the stock). So I guess I now have a half worn out barrel. I called TC again and they said they are sending me a replacement stock.
Sorry they didn't package it properly, and they should replace the stock. I doubt your barrel is half worn out from a little lapping compound. Did they shoot it again and supply a test target? Ventures have a sub-moa guarantee, so I would think they would at least test fire it again to make sure it will hold up to their guarantee.

Quote:
After getting off the phone with them, I noticed that the safety is now almost unusable it is so stiff, and the bolt is extremely stiff as well
Have you taken it out of the stock and cleaned it? I'll bet that if there is a lot of compound on the stock some of it got down in the safety and bolt race ways. A good thorough cleaning might fix both of the problems.

My Venture rifle has functioned flawlessly and shot very well for the 20 rounds I've put down mine even though I wasn't capable of shooting sub-moa that day. I'm surprised to hear all of your issues. I'd really think T/C would want to fix it.

Page generated in 0.03699 seconds with 8 queries