View Single Post
Old July 6, 2011, 12:29 AM   #10
sigcurious

Quote:
Put that $250 in your cookie jar (so to speak) and shop around. Make regular payments to said cookie jar while waiting for your handgun permit, and shop around. Unless the gun you're considering is a one-off or limited edition collectors item, chances are you can find it elsewhere and maybe even get a better price, even if you have to drive an hour or so to get to the shop.

Find a shop where you feel comfortable that has decent prices. Even if they don't have exactly the model you're looking for, odds are they can order it.
It's not about trying to pay off a gun while I wait for the permit, rather reserve it at the sale for when my permit comes. The process for a new resident where I live is lengthy, hehe I actually saved way more than I intended for my purchase already

Sadly the local shops around here aren't particularly good on prices from what I've seen so far, for the pistols I'm considering, even factoring in shipping and transfer fees, internet dealers offer significant savings. Which is too bad, I'd like to support a LGS, but not at a difference of $200 or more.

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 8 queries