View Single Post
Old April 13, 2008, 04:09 PM   #26
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

When I got back into shooting, mid nineties, I knew I was was going to eventually be reloading (Fond childhood memories of my Uncles and Grandpa). So I saved every single piece of brass that I shot.

My step-son "pushed" me into the hobby, by buying a lee anniversary kit for Christmas awhile back. I started with several hundred pieces of .44, a couple hundred .357 and 300wm, a few thousands of 9mm and .223.

So my initial expenses were for dies, primers, powder and bullets.

I started with 44. Then my .300wm and .223. Next was for .357 and finally, last summer, 9mm. My next project is to break down and get the dies for my 7.65 Arg. - That's assuming that I can stop buying brass for my SBH! - I'm up to 1100 pieces now, and it isn't enough to last all summer.

Saving money was never a concern. Making good ammo that was tailored for each gun was always my goal. Whether for hunting or just plinking. Experimenting with different bullets is also a lot of fun.

For me, the idea that I can shoot much more than I could if I was limited to buying store-bought ammo, is reason enough. Spending those cold dark winters, up here, reloading, in order to shoot spring, summer and fall, just takes the cake!

Page generated in 0.03512 seconds with 8 queries