View Single Post
Old April 27, 2007, 08:52 PM   #8
DBotkin

Quote:
With the Dillon, before you know it, you'll have $5-600 into it and still won't be done.
Heh. I own a Harley, too. Ask anyone who does about the "Harley Tax". I just finished installing big bore jugs & pistons and new cams. I know I have expensive hobbies.

I went to the range today - or what passes for one now, anyway. Indoor 12-lane 25 yard range, $6 per half hour. Went through almost 50 rounds in the Webley before I encountered my very first squib load. Then another 100 or so through the S&W M-28, trying to see if Federal primers fix the misfire issue I've noticed when firing DA (they do). I think it's got a light mainspring. OK, the primers don't FIX the problem, but they mask it well.

Anyways, while I was shooting I got to thinking about how much I really reload. Yeah, a couple hundred here and there, but mostly fairly small batches and not weekly, more like monthly. I figure I'll wait on it for now. If I start shooting substantially more, or pick up an auto, I'll probably get a progressive and keep the Rockchucker mounted for the rifle & Webley ammo. Of course if Santa or my darling bride bring me a new press for Fathers Day, my birthday or Christmas, I'll probably go ahead and use it.

Page generated in 0.03647 seconds with 8 queries