View Single Post
Old August 5, 2002, 06:17 PM   #6
KSFreeman

Mikul, wow, I was really tired last night (no coffee here at the Fashionable Bachelor Pad, no time to get to the bodega). I babbled on as if everyone were on the same page. Sorry, the weather and the drive took it out of me (I was so tired, I didn't even want coffee).

Bill Drill--shooting 6 rounds within a time limit, used to reinforce the practice of "driving" the pistol to the target;
Forward, reverse, lateral movement--shooting while moving in these directions as if to cover or away from threat;
Box drill--place 4 objects (ammo boxes, extra mags, traffic cones) in form of box, 5 yards deep, corners at 10 yards, front edge at 5 yards and 10 yards long. 3 targets. Start at a corner, shoot each target once while moving to next corner.
El Presidente--developed by Uncle Jeff when teaching the bodyguard detail of a Central American nation. 3 targets, 10 yards away, targets spaced 9 feet apart. Start with 6 rounds in pistol, 2 shots on each target, reload, then 2 shots again on each shot. "Par" is ten seconds with time added if shots outside the "vital" zone;
Corner Drill--3 targets (usually in corner of 2 berms). Targets at 0, 90 and 180. You stand in middle. Shoot one in front and then either 90 or 180;
Gunsite 25--10 shots at 25 yards, draw and shoot within time limit (usually 2.5 seconds);
Hackathorn 3--at 3 yards shoot 3 targets, each with head shot.

Each drill is designed to reinforce several points. There are many variations like Awerbuck's "team box drill."

Hope that helped.

Page generated in 0.02381 seconds with 8 queries