View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 10:03 PM   #46
Lee Lapin

Any reliable shotgun will do, if the SHOOTER will do. Some makes/models 'speak' to a given person more than others - find one you like, buy two of them and set them up the same way, get some professional training with it (Louis Awerbuck, Tom Givens, John Farnam, Randy Cain...) and drive on.

I shoot older model (pre-magazine tube dimple) 870 Express guns by choice, the inT3rW3bZ would have you believe they are rust prone pieces of MIM-infested junk, which may have something to do with continuing opportunities to buy them for $175 or so in good used condition and set them up as desired. I took Louis Awerbuck's shotgun refresher class this past summer with one of them, and had another (the one I used in the original 2005 class) as a spare in the truck. Imagine that, it ran almost 300 rounds in one day with no problems, including some interesting variations of the Rolling Thunder drill - Express guns are not supposed to be able to do that, according to current wisdom.

My favorite semi of the half dozen models I've tried is an FN SLP, FWIW...

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.

Page generated in 0.02896 seconds with 8 queries