View Single Post
Old August 5, 2021, 07:03 AM   #38
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
Glock also says on their website a tighter action and trigger along with a better barrel improve gen5 accuracy. This is straight from the Glock website I posted.

I haven't heard someone say their Gen5 is less accurate than the Gen4.

The point being, if there is an agreement on a 500 dollar gun being better with a new generation, it's kinda silly not to get the improvement (let's assume it's a mechanical improvement.
So Glock says "on their website a tighter action and trigger along with a better barrel improve gen5 accuracy."

Ok, how much greater accuracy? 1" at 15 yds? .001" at 15 yards? You say you never heard anyone say my Gen 4 is more accurate than my Gen 5?. I never hear it either way. Most of the Glock Shooters at the range I know simply are just shooting and concentrating on their game. Fast shooting at steel targets etc. Not sure they could even tell you the difference between the two.
Will a shooter that has thousands of rounds through a Gen 4, all of a sudden be a better shooter with a Gen 5? Are thousands of Gen 4 shooters that do not shoot very often all of a sudden going to say, dang, this gun is so much more accurate?
What is you goal when training? Will a new model make you shoot better because you have reached the pinnacle of total proficiency with your present skills and must have something new to reach a small percentage more to that Proficiency?

I love marketing. In most cases it is so full of BS. The terms they use. Like "As Low as" etc. Like cereal "Now with more almonds". Could mean they threw in two more almonds.
When a person purchases a Glock for example, many do because they want a solid gun that will last a life time, or thousands of rounds. What is the point of a gun that will do this, when in a few years it is worthless because the gun you thought was so great is now obsolete because a new model came out.
Maybe Glock should Advertise like this. Get a Glock now, great shooting, (until the next model comes out).
I do not own a Glock, I do own guns that I know will most likely last me a lifetime. I cannot see getting a new gun that I am so familiar with, that has done so much for me until I wear it out. Even then might just get a new barrel and parts.
How many rounds is a Glock designed to shoot? Or does that even matter now as you are going to upgrade to a new one in a few years?

Page generated in 0.03458 seconds with 8 queries