View Single Post
Old August 4, 2021, 12:19 AM   #31
Lima Oscar 7

I have been fooling with Glocks since 1992. My first was what would be technically considered a Gen. 2 Glock 22. IMHO, the Gen. 3 is the 9mm Generation to own and the Gen. 4 is the .45 ACP Generation to own (A future Gen. 5 might be better.) and the Gen. 5 is the .40 Generation to own.

The Gen. 5 is the first generation that is an actual .40 caliber instead of a 9mm converted to .40. To get a better understanding of what I mean, go shoot an H&K .40. They are actual .40 caliber pistols versus 9mm conversions.

I too am experiencing better accuracy with the Gen. 5 and the trigger is better. The finish is also better while we are on the subject of 5th generation Glocks.

When it comes to Glocks and my needs for a defensive handgun, any generation will suit me. They’re not infallible as I have a Gen. 3, 23 that will soon head off to Smyrna to be re-built but they come close.

As far as the original posters premise, find a solid gun that fits you and be content. There will always be that latest and greatest generation around the block a.k.a. marketing.

Page generated in 0.03409 seconds with 8 queries