View Single Post
Old July 8, 2016, 08:14 AM   #11
g.willikers

I sez:
Quote:
.Same for most every activity where form is most important - golf, tennis, archery, shooting..........
The emphasis on front sight, front sight is to compensate for that lack of practice.
Frank sez:
Quote:
Not really -- no more than keeping your eye on the ball in golf or tennis is to compensate for a lack of practice. Seeing the front sight all during the shot, from trigger press to follow through and to the next shot, together with trigger control, is a way of keeping everything together during the process.
Are we saying the same thing?
Substitute "eye on the ball" with focus on the target.
Substitute "seeing the front sight all during the shot" with the sights being a reference to good form, perfected from lots of practice.

Having to first look for the sights and then putting them on the target is sloow.
I never realized how slow until discovering that good form relieves the need to depend so much on sights, thanks mostly to traditional archery.
(No sights, no aids, just a bow and arrow).
But the idea carries over to shooting very well.
If you are willing to put in the time and effort to develop the skills required.
Most folks aren't, hence the popularity of the method of "front sight, front sight."
And I stand by that until the cows come home.
Uh, Oh, is that a stampede a coming?

Last edited by g.willikers; July 8, 2016 at 08:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.02437 seconds with 8 queries