View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 01:33 PM   #13
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Full choke is not dangerous but something between IC and IM will give you more accuracy. What you never never never shoot slugs out of is the so called Turkey choke or Super Full choke. That has to much restriction, you want some restriction to get the best accuracy from your slug but super full is just to much.

I find out to 60 yards sabot and rifled slugs, (Brenneke or Foster), out of my rifled slug gun are about the same but the sabot are more accurate at 100 yards. Conversely my rifled slugs out of my IM choked guns at 100 yards shoot more accurately than the expensive sabot slugs from the same guns.

There are a lot of new slugs on the market I have never fired so I can't comment on them but for the last 10 years my Win 1200 with a IM choke will hold 4" at 100 yards from the bench and my shooting stand is set up with a bench to shoot from so it works out well for me. This is a 60 yard target at 60 yards fired offhand as fast as I could work the slide on my scoped 20 gauge. It's better than my rifle sighted 12 gauge with the full choke but not much better.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03414 seconds with 8 queries