View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 08:39 AM   #14
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Brings up another issue - the parents allowed their older son to keep a .22 rifle in his room just leaning up against the wall, with .22 rounds scattered around on the floor. I'm also guessing that the rifle was sitting around loaded since the mom doesn't say she loaded it, and it seems like she probably didn't know how to load it.
Quote:
There was a younger kid in the house, so allowing their oldest son to keep a loaded .22 in his room leaning against the wall, was IMO, negligent parenting.
See, and I would have thought that the mother didn't load the .22 because it would be very dificult to load the .22 while holding the BB gun at the same time. The article/interview clearly state that she picked up the BB gun, but never says that she put it down, right?

While the article didn't say she loaded the .22, the rounds scattered on the floor may indicate she did. Spilled rounds are often the result of a hasty loading.

To claim negligent parenting because of an article that clearly does not account for all of the activities that transpired seems awfully presumptuous and premature.

Page generated in 0.03571 seconds with 8 queries