View Single Post
Old November 28, 2017, 07:55 AM   #12
jmr40

Glocks and 1911's are the only full size pistols I own. They are actually CLOSER in form and function than any other pistols out of the box. I consider Glocks to be a modernized 1911.

Out of the box both have crisp 5-6 lb triggers and I shoot both of them more accurately than any other pistol. Both can be purchased with lighter triggers or have triggers modified to be lighter.

You have the same consistent 5-6 lb trigger pull on both for every shot. No DA/SA pulls to worry about.

The grip angle on a Glock is closer to a 1911 than any other pistol. The Glock has a bit more of an angle, but everything else has less of an angle than a 1911.

But if you're looking at a gun to actually use for personal protection the 1911 hasn't been the best option since the 1930's. It is quite popular for use in range games that people play and for nostalgic purposes. I love shooting and looking at my 1911's. But any of them would be the last gun I'd grab if someone were breaking down the door.

Winston Churchill

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries