View Single Post
Old May 18, 2013, 10:45 PM   #14
HKFan9

There are different spec sheets, some better than others, some parts like anything better than others.

Really it comes down to the application of which the shooter needs.

Guys working with the gun for a living are going to want a higher end rifle, not because the others are bad, but because more quality parts will last longer, they aren't paying for the ammo they are shooting, so they are beating on the guns, running them into the ground, they want a longer life span, not necessarily performance.

Guys high into the competition circuit, same thing, running the gun hard, they are looking for dependable performance over a long span, and they are generally up on maintenance, tho in action shooting sports you will see some very high end guns jam generally due to weak springs.

Then you have 90% of the population buying AR's for nothing more than to have something interesting. The round counts stay low, the rifle gets dolled up and not abused.

I can take a brand new Mil-Spec DD or Colt or BCM than take a bottom of the barrel Carbon-15 by Bushmaster and run the same stage in a competition, I bet you the scores and times will be about the same, its dependent more on the shooters abilities then anything. The difference in the two rifles? One will PROBABLY start failing at 10k rounds as opposed to the other at 30k rounds. But right now you can't even find that much ammo to purchase.

I like high end AR's but I don't go around snubbing my nose to every other brand. I had a Stag that ate nothing but 1000's of steal cased rounds that never had an issue, they are also the only company to lifetime warranty their barrels, also their parent company CMT makes A LOT of AR parts for A LOT of different brands, including everyone's beloved Colt (both civi and Military versions.)

Page generated in 0.03386 seconds with 8 queries