View Single Post
Old February 2, 2013, 01:49 PM   #6
WIN1886

Even with today's stainless alloys , carbon steel has less of a friction coefficient than stainless.......I heard it is common to use a different alloy of stainless with slide in match with the frame ! The frame on my P220 looks just a tad different in finish than the slide....try running a stainless pistol with dry lube in comparison to a carbon steel pistol sometime ! I will always run a stainless with the Sig recommended wet lube and yes, it runs and hold up just fine if maintained properly ! The point is for my own preference I wish Sig offered a carbon steel version of the P220 and other models and just maybe a few others would want one as well ! They most likely won't because they have no trouble selling the models they already produce ! For those that like aluminum alloy frames, if I had to carry the pistol everyday I most likely would go with that option as well ! I have felt the difference in other carbon steel pistols other than my BHP so that was just an example.....I already know Sig makes great stainless pistols but if they made a carbon steel framed P220 I'd buy it in a heartbeat ! If there is an actual gunsmith that can persuade me different that knows a few things about metallurgy then fine....I've heard it does make a difference and I've felt the difference and I'm just a regular joe that likes to shoot !

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries