View Single Post
Old December 1, 2005, 11:29 PM   #4
Radiki

While I fully respect LEO's and what they do, believe unmarked cars should be used for "Sting" type operations only. If public saftey was their main concern then put more marked cruiser on the street. Ever notice how marked cruisers tend to slow down traffic and cause a larger "check" in behavior? Yes, unmarked cars increase the likely hood of being caught for minor offenses but which is better.... slowing down twenty cars or catching one and getting the tax dollars? More police presence in the neighborhoods will reduce crime. Yes, it takes stealth and cunning to bust drug operations and catch murder suspects, rapist etc. But for traffic stops and the like; I think unnecessary.

When I was 17 (you know, the know it all years) I had a cherokee pull up behind me with a blue strobe on the visor. I was sorta being a smarta$$, I'll admit to that, but I did call 911 to "verify" this jeep. I asked for a marked cruiser to come on seen and told the dispatcher where I was. I was doing this while obeying the speed limit and staying in the right lane. I got to a red light, and stopped. The jeep pulled behind me, and the driver's door opened. I was still on the phone with the dispatcher just as a marked cruiser pulled behind the jeep. The guy in the jeep slammed the door and took off. The dispatcher told me to stay where I was, and the cruiser took off after the jeep. Apparently they had been looking for this guy. After that, I will only pull over for a marked cruiser, but now for saftey reasons and not just because I dont' think it is fair practice.

Page generated in 0.02386 seconds with 8 queries