View Single Post
Old June 12, 2019, 11:59 AM   #3
stagpanther

Quote:
Gorgeous. I also went with a 110 tactical, but in 308. I completely agree with you on the stock and adjustability. Mine has been shooting only with factory ammo and I'm sitting at about 1moa, but, as always, your attention to detail is far and above most lay people, including myself, so I don't have as much data as you. I'm excited to see some more from you on this one. Are you using a brake? Which one? What's your max range hope/are you limited in your area?
Thanks--but I've done nothing special to the gun, mount, scope etc--everything is stock (it's a 110 long range hunter with 26" barrel) including the brake. When I fire it even with top power loads--the felt recoil is unbelievably light--not even equivalent to a low power 12 gauge shotshell IMO, maybe a tad more than a typical 308 IMO. My rifle all-up weight with everything ready to rock is 11 lbs. on the bathroom scale. It does jump a bit on firing--but how savage engineered it to dump all the recoil is amazing to me. That goes a long way to mitigate "anticipation flinch" too.

I've loaded a few rounds to try to tracking test the scope, but's it's very windy at the moment--I hope it backs off before the day is over. The scope is simply amazing--but it is a premium priced top-tier optic. I live in Maine where even 100 yds clearing in the woods is hard to find, so I have to do some "creative" weaving between trees and rocks to get much beyond that.

Last edited by stagpanther; June 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.02956 seconds with 8 queries