View Single Post
Old April 22, 2010, 08:33 AM   #45
ScottRiqui

Had a no-muss/no-fuss experience at the local shop last week.

I was looking at a Galco shoulder holster and wanted to know if it would allow condition-one carry with my EMP .40 S&W. (the Galco website is purposely vague on this topic.) I asked if they had an EMP I could test-fit to the holster, and the clerk apologized and said that they didn't.

I mentioned that I was carrying mine, and asked the clerk if he would be willing to clear it and let me use it to check the holster. He agreed, and I handed the pistol over to him, keeping the muzzle pointed at the ground. He cleared it while I watched and handed it back to me along with the magazine and the round from the chamber. After checking out the holster (which was a perfect fit, so I ended up buying it), the clerk politely asked me to keep the pistol in condition three or lower until I left the store, which I thought was reasonable.

Everyone was polite and professional during the whole transaction, and no one made me feel like a criminal or that they didn't trust me to handle safely. All in all a good experience.

Page generated in 0.02751 seconds with 8 queries