View Single Post
Old May 29, 2013, 03:05 PM   #1
fshfindr

How Badly Did I Screw Up (38Spl Loads Won't Fit)

How Badly Did I Scrow Up?

I have put together some .38's that I smelted. I used the TL357-148WC mold. Since I used once fired brass I ran them thru the sizer/decaper die first on my Lee 1000 3 hole press to decap them. Therefore, I thought that the sizing was correct. Yesterday I picked up my new to me 8 inch Trooper. It is beautiful. I tried to drop in one of my .38’s. It is too tight to drop in but I was able to push one in after running an oily patch thru the chamber. Pushing it in or out was much harder than I thought it should be. This is my first revolver. When I was loading the rounds in the press, I only pushed them up enough in the sizer to index it since it did not seem necessary to resize the whole shell again. Is it possible to run the completed rounds thru the sizer again or should I try taking them apart and redoing them. Or, since these are wadcutters seated almost all the way in, did the bullets expand the shell? Another or, is it possible to fire them as is? I would hate to trash them. I made over 100. Factory rounds drop right in.

Page generated in 0.03215 seconds with 8 queries