Thread: Remington 1100
View Single Post
Old November 22, 2009, 08:18 PM   #9
hometheaterman

Quote:
Ah, yeah, then you may have to look a bit. Remington has been raising the price of the 1100 lately, and that's kept used values high.

Keep an eye out on Gunbroker and the like. Maybe cruise some pawn shops too.
He said he was willing to spend $500. The Remington 1100 is one of the few Remingtons I actually like but I'd not spend more than $500 for one. Now I've seen them for more than that however, I've also seen them for quite a bit less. I saw on a local message board a 3" magnum one for $400 although it does have a Hastings 30" wad lock barrel not the original one. I saw another one in a local add recently for $375 that was a magnum edition. I'm not sure what shape the one for $375 was in but the one for $400 looked to be in decent shape just scratched and worn from hunting.

I got one a while back for $450 and the thing looks brand new inside and out. Had like 2 tiny little scratches on it and that was it. By tiny I mean one probably about 1/4" and one problem 1" but light. Both I've really had to look for to find. Even knowing where they are I still have to search to find them. Seller pointed them out when I got it which is the only reason I saw them.

I'm a fan of the Magnum ones so if I look at them it's usually those but the 2 3/4" ones shouldn't be much if any more. I see the 2 3/4" ones often but not the Magnum ones. I've also got several friends that want a magnum one some who I know would pay me more than I paid for mine.

Page generated in 0.03159 seconds with 8 queries