View Single Post
Old April 12, 2006, 02:43 PM   #31
UniversalFrost

remington 700 ruger no.1 7mm mag or 300 win mag

I have both the guns listed above and both are excellent shooters for large mule deer, elk and bear (would go with .338 or larger for grizzly). I am going bison hunting (not really hunting, kinda like shooting a large target at 500 yds) and am taking the .300 . As for those who say a 7mm Rem Mag doesn't have as much power and acuracy as an 06' I just want to let them know I dropped a large mule deer at about 650 yards with a remington 700PSS in 7mm Rem Mag with Simmons 6-24X50A/O mounted on Warne Tactical Ultra High rings, with a Farrell 20MOA 1piece steel base.

The simmons is the hidden gem of the scope world. I have a leupold Varix-III 3.5-10X44 that is only a little bit clearer (better lenses) and better for low light conditions, but it cost almost 400 more than the simmons. When I go hunting i don't worry about babying the simmons, where as I would be very gentle with the leupold because of the cost to replace. My wife dropped the rifle once with the simmons on it and i didn't even care about the scope (more concerned about the +$1000 rifle setup). The scope withstood the tabletop fall with only a ding in the removeable sunshade that was easily fixed.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Page generated in 0.03110 seconds with 8 queries