View Single Post
Old June 19, 2013, 10:35 AM   #14
kraigwy

We heard you don't take a knife to a gun fight.

We hard the 21 ft rule, or if a knife guy is within 21 feet, he can get you before you can draw and shoot.

I believe in the first statement.

I don't totally believe in the second. If you practice, you can beat the knife guy even if he is within 21 feet.

Like anything else PRACTICE.

Face your target. Have your range partner stand be hind you at 21 feet.

When the timer goes off draw and shoot, at the same time your partner runs up behinds you and taps your shoulder.

Practice until you can get your shot(s) off be fore he taps you.

All it takes is practice. A lot of speed determines how you carry. I pocket carry and always have my hand in my pockets (Air Force Gloves).

In a sticky situation you can be ready and no one is the wiser. Looks odd if you belt carry and walk around with your had on your gun.

Another fun drill, both you and your range partner face your respective targets. Have him point at his target and tell him to shoot as soon he sees you start to draw.

Talk to him, try to distract him, you'd be surprised how often you can draw and fire before he fires. That's with him knowing that you are going to draw. This drill shows just because someone has the drop on you, it doesn't mean they have the advantage. He has to re-act, you act, You can act faster then you can re-act.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Last edited by kraigwy; June 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Page generated in 0.02223 seconds with 8 queries