Thread: Press Upgrade
View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 01:31 PM   #39
Silver00LT

Quote:
I have never heard anyone report that DIllong nas ever refused warranty service on one of their presses. Tumblers, maybe. But presses or supporting assemblies, no, not one.

Of course, if someone sent in one that had welding marks, machining cuts and other such signs of true modifications, I am not sure, but I have never heard of any example of that, either.

What makes you ask?

I HAVE heard that the lifetime warranty does not apply to the 1050, as it is regarded as a commercial press and Dillon's lifetime, no questions warranty is intended for private owners' personal use presses. But that is secondhand information. You might want to check with Dillon for the straight information.

I don't own a Dillon, being satisfied with my 200 rounds per hour Lee Turret Press (and easy caliber swap) at an affordable price. But the main reason I stay away from progressives is that it is more relaxing to monitor one operation at a time rather than multiple operations. But that is just my preference.

Dillon is, by all reports (and I do mean ALL) a superb press, If funds are limited, other brands are acceptable and nearly as good (some say as good or better, but that is matter of style, I think, more than objective measure). Of course, some like the Lee Pro-1000 or Loadmaster, and they have certain advantages (being affordable). So, you pays your money and you takes your choices.

Good Luck

Lost Sheep
By no means am I going to purchase a 1050 lol...its unpractical I could use the money saved for a weapon or more components. But I see why it would not be viewed as a lifetime warranty as that would be the model most likely purchased by reloading stores for profit.

If you don't mind posting your setup on here?

Page generated in 0.02616 seconds with 8 queries