Thread: 243 vs 25/06
View Single Post
Old November 10, 2011, 06:45 AM   #23
PawPaw

Quote:
how do they compaire as far as RANGE, Knockdown, and ability for a NEWBIE to learn to shot that dont like recoil real well
They're both great calibers, and the recoil isn't as much as you might think. They're both multi-purpose calibers, in that you can load light bullets for varmints and heavier bullets for medium game. They're both fairly accurate, with adherents for each caliber claiming exceptional accuracy. They're both easy to shoot well.

The .25-06 is a long action cartridge, the .243 is a short action cartridge. Some folks claim a benefit from one action length over the other. I'm not able to see a difference in performance between long action and short action. Short actions may be a little bit stiffer, but both are capable of fine accuracy.

Recoil sensitivity is an individual trait and what is painful for one is barely noticeable to another. That's an individual question, one that the rest of us can't answer for you. However, neither the .243 nor the .25-06 are known for heavy recoil.

I own both calibers and I shoot both calibers. However, the more I shoot the .25-06 the more I like it. It seems to have that blend of power, accuracy, light recoil and versatility that makes it easy to shoot well. I consider the .25-06 one of the premier deer cartridges in the US.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.02573 seconds with 8 queries