View Single Post
Old October 24, 2010, 09:59 AM   #6
centerfire1

77 Grain 5.56/223

My AR is a Bushmaster 16 inch M4. I'm fairly sure it's a 1-in-9 twist rate. I just now had a chance to get back to the forum and reply.

I really appreciate all the information. I guess I'm really trying to make the AR an all in one gun. On the subject of dependability ,,,and the difference between the standard impengment gas system and a gas piston system,,,how many rounds can you put through the standard system before having functioning trouble due to reisdue build up,,,etc,,

I'm on a limited budget and I'm trying to get as close to bridging the gap between the 5.56 and a 7.62X39.

I know you can go with a 6.8 SPC but I'm an old school type of guy who likes to stay with standard calibers like 5.56, 308, 45 ,,,etc,,etc.

I even thought about an upper in 7.62X39 because of all the ammo out there and the fact that it has more stopping power than the 5.56....I think I'll wait until they make a gas piston upper in a 7.62x39 available.

I'm just doing a little information gathering,,,again I appreciate your time and answers.

T.J.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries