View Single Post
Old November 13, 2008, 06:57 PM   #32
stepj19

I have a similar gun and would love it if someone could give me some info.

rt side of barrel (38 s&w ctg)

lt side of barrel (SMITH AND WESSON)

lt side of barrel also says (notenglishmake) and has three symbles that resemble diamond rings. in the first symble are the letters BV in the second are the letters BP and in the third appears to be a letter N.

top of barrel (smith and wesson springfield mass. USA)
patented feb. 6 06 sept. 14 09 dec. 29 14

on let side of frame were barrel attaches is stamped with (notenglishmake and the small BV symble again.

directly below that visible when magazine is rolled out is stamped(4 96 62) with the letter A or R above it.

the magazine is stamped with many more of the small diamond ring markings.

lt side of body above trigger is a very small X with tiny letters or numbers around it.

rt side of body ( large s&w trade mark REG. U.S. PAT. OFF) it is also stamped made in the USA.

It has pearl handles that are in perfect condition. however the handles do not have the large fastener or symble near the top of them. they have a small screw in the center only.

The number on the bottom of the handle are (393803) and the letter V is to the left.

my grandfather owned this for as long as ive known. i inherited it.

it is not plated and appears to be all original blued and is in great condition. it was kept under his mattress for the past 30 years at least.
thanks for any info.

Page generated in 0.03842 seconds with 8 queries