View Single Post
Old November 5, 2005, 12:15 PM   #43
Remington kid

Started on this knife about 2 years ago after spending some time on a knife making site.Bought the flat stock steel 3"x18"x1/4" from a knife steel company in Ind. Layed out the design I wanted and started grinding a little at a time while keeping it cool with a steady trickle or water. Lots of file and sanding work and more to go. The back of the knife has a grapevine scroll I put in it with small files and chainsaw files.
The steel has been heat treated in a home made kiln I made and now it just needs alot of polishing .This knife is no toy as you can see It's 16.75" long, 2.25" wide and has a 12" blade. The handle will probable be Mastadon and the tang will be brass.
A friend of mine will make me a gun belt, holster and knife sheath all in one for my Remington and this knife when and if I ever get it done My reason for such a big kife is several, #1 It makes me feel like a bad ass, I like big knives when running around with Bear and it's nice to have when building a hunting blind or just for servival.[IMG][/IMG]

Page generated in 0.03242 seconds with 8 queries