Thread: Close Calls...
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2005, 09:48 PM   #27
joab

scenario 2 a few years ago.

This was also posted in another forum awhile back

Yesterday while I was in the bathroom I heard the door to my apartment open, it was about time for my wife to come home from work so I thought little of it (and yes I have a bathroom gun).
About 5 minutes later I went into the living room and she wasn't home but the door that I was positive I locked was unlocked, I was still not overly concerned because she may have gone to the soda machine or laundry room.
Then she called me on the phone to tell me she was still at work .

Now I was getting concerned because I knew for sure I had locked the door, or was the old age thing creeping up on me, and did I really hear someone inside or was it the neighbors on the other side of the thin apartment walls.

The neighborhood is not exactly bad, but we have had our problems (like the 3 people murdered across the courtyard last year) and the management seems to be lowering their standards recently, both in help and tenants.

Then the door starts to open slowly, seconds after my wife told me she was 10 miles away waiting on a ride.
Nobody else should be coming into my apartment at that time announced or unannounced.
I took my defensive position with my handy 12ga. I have never actually seen the blood drain from somebody's face before.
She went from a mischievious smile to wide eyed jaw on the floor, ghost pale in about 1/10 of a second.
She claims I held it on her for 5 minutes but I swear as soon as I recognized her I raised the muzzle.

Now comes the reason I joined this forum. We've had our you're paronoid--you're stupid argument.(she's still at her aunt's, so I'm not sure who won) Now it,s your turn to pick apart what did I do wrong , what would you have done different.

Page generated in 0.03093 seconds with 8 queries