View Single Post
Old September 23, 2013, 09:27 PM   #66
bada61265

hi im new here thought it a good spot to start, I have a LC9 and love it. the first time I shot it I had a case blow out and the extractor went flying. was at an indoor range and the extractor flew out sideways. so right there I have my doubts if someone claimed they were hit in the head with it. It was a defective reload. blew a BB size hole just above the rim and was fully in battery when it went off. I found all the parts on the floor below me and a little later had it all back together and running fine. ive got another 200 rounds threw it now "no reloads" and its been 100%. the extractor is held in place by the plunger which acts like a pivot. Its point is a wedge shape slightly off center and obviously is supposed to fit in one way. I could see where having this pivot reversed could cause a problem. at least in my reassembly and based on what I observed . it would seem to be pretty beefy with quite a bit of width where it contacts the case rim. but the design is not pinned in place and some kind of blow out due to a cracked case or some other circumstance where gasses could blow back past the case into the breach area could indeed like in my case blow that sucker out of there. I sincerely doubt if it would hit the shooter unless it bounced off something or your shooting gansta style "in which case you need to back off the TV police dramas"

Page generated in 0.02615 seconds with 8 queries