Thread: squaring dies
View Single Post
Old January 8, 2019, 10:54 AM   #16
F. Guffey

Quote:
@F.Guffey - you have the most bizarre writing style i have ever encountered, its like you are having a conversation with yourself about some random thing that vaguely ties into the thread you are replying on. Is English not your native language?
Quote:
I never had to came over when sizing , why would you need to , long chamber or die problem ? My cases size easy never had to use force .
CW308 claims has never had to cam over when sizing. Cam over is a function of the press, there are cam over presses and there are presses that do not cam over. I have at least 11 Herter presses, all of my Herter presses cam over. I am now down to 3 Rock Chucker presses; none of my Rock Chucker presses cam over. I did modify one Rock Chucker (many years ago) to cam over. I modified the press to cam over to reduce misalignment meaning the press misaligned when the ram was raised.

I made a tool to check alignment between the ram, die and press. Raising the ram misaligned the ram with the die/press, there was nothing I could do about the problem; it was a given.

And then there is cam over; if the press cams over the amount of cam over can be measured in thousandths. I have had 6 Rock Chuckers; not one of the 6 Rock Chuckers would cam over.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 8 queries